§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following information concerns the collection of personal data while using this website. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is i.xpo GmbH & Co. KG, August-Thyssen-Straße 12, D-41564 Kaarst, email@example.com (see our legal notice). You can contact our data protection officer Dr. Volker Wodianka at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with the addition “Data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us by email or using a contact form, the data you give us (your email address, your name and phone number if applicable) is stored by us in order to answer your question. When storage is no longer necessary, we will delete the applicable data or restrict the processing of it if legal retention requirements apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our web-based services, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes, naming the defined criteria for storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
– Right to information,
– Right to correction or deletion,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to refusal of processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection authority.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you are only using the website for information and do not register or transmit information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the enquiry
– Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– Quantity of data transferred in each case
– The website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your PC when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which particular information is transmitted to the location setting the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet presence more user-friendly and effective in general.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They save a so-called session ID that links different enquiries from
your browser to a common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a set period, which can vary according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Other functions and offers on our website
(1) As well as the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use if they interest you. To do so, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use in order to provide the respective service and to which the above-mentioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) We can also pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer special offer participation, lotteries, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You can find more information about this if you enter your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services purchased are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in process. This means that after you register, we send an email to the email address you gave asking for confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information is locked and automatically deleted after a month. In addition, we save the IP addresses you used and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the process is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to investigate possible misuse of your personal information.
(3) The only obligatory information for transmission of the newsletter is your email address. [Provision of other, separately marked data is voluntary and is used in order to contact you personally.] After your confirmation, we store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to transmission of the newsletter and unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time. You can revoke it by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by email to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact point given in the legal notice.
§ 6 Use of blog functions
You can leave public comments on our blog, in which we publish various articles on topics connected with our activities. Your comment will be published under the article, along with the user name you gave. We recommend using a pseudonym rather than your real name. Giving your user name and email address is necessary; all other information is voluntary. If you leave a comment, we will continue to store your IP address, which we will delete after [one week]. This storage is necessary for us in order to defend ourselves against liability claims in the event of possible publication of unlawful contents. We need your email address in order to contact you if a third party should claim that your comment is unlawful. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b and f GDPR. Comments are not monitored before publication. We retain the right to delete comments that are the object of third-party claims of unlawfulness.
§ 7 Revocation or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After you have pronounced it to us, the revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal information on consideration of interests, you can revoke your consent to processing. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not necessary for fulfilment of a contract with you, which is always outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising the right of revocation, we ask you to cite the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have previously done. In the case of a justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or convey to you our protection-worthy and necessary reasons for continuing the processing.
(3) Of course, you can revoke consent to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your advertising revocation at the following contact points: firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 8 Web analytics – Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will first be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or other contracting member states of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about website activities and to provide further services connected with website use and internet use for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser within Google Analytics is not connected with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; please note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent the capture of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) for Google and the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This ensures that IP addresses are further processed in shortened form, which excludes the possibility of personal association. Any personal connection to the data collected about you will therefore be immediately excluded and the personal data will be immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse use of our website and regularly improve it. We use the statistics obtained to improve our products and make them more interesting to you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has committed itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
§ 9 Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps on several subpages to display interactive maps and create directions. Google Maps is a map service provided by Google Inc. When using Google Maps, information about the use of this website, including your IP address and the (starting) address entered in the route planner function, may be transmitted to Google in the United States. When you access a page of our website that contains Google Maps, your browser establishes a direct connection to Google’s servers. Google transmits the map content directly to your browser and integrates it into the website. We therefore have no control over the scope of the data collected by Google in this way. According to our knowledge, this is at least:
The date and time of the visit to the website concerned
The Internet address or URL of the website visited
The IP address, the (starting) address entered in the context of the route planning
§ 10 Hyperlinks to external websites
Our website contains so-called hyperlinks to websites of other providers, e.g. Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps. In these cases, you are redirected from our website directly to the website of the other providers. You can recognise this, among other things, through the change in the URL. Please inform yourself directly about the handling of your personal data by these companies on their websites.
§ 11 Social media
Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, XING, Twitter, Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution for this. This means that when you visit our site, fundamentally no personal data will be initially transmitted to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognise the provider of the plug-in via the label on the box above its initial letters or the logo. We offer you the possibility of communicating with the provider of the plug-in directly via the button. The plug-in provider only receives the information that you have called up the corresponding page of our online presence if you click on the demarcated field to activate it. The data named under § 3 of this statement are also transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection. When the plug-in is activated, your personal data are therefore transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the USA in the case of US providers). Since the plug-in provider carries out data capture using cookies in particular, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed-out box above the security settings of your browser.
(2) We have no influence on the data captured or the data processing procedures, nor do we know the entire scope of data collection, the purpose of processing or the retention periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of their website. Such an evaluation takes place, in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and in order to inform other users in the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to revoke the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our website presence and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) Data transmission takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged on there. If you are logged on to a plug-in provider, your data collected by us are directly associated with the account you have with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates it publicly to your contacts. We recommend that after using a social network, you regularly log out, but in particular before activating the button, since this enables you to avoid association with your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider in their data protection statements, which are given below. You can also find further information there on your rights in this regard and the setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; weitere Informationen zur Datenerhebung: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications sowie http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook hat sich dem EU-US-Privacy-Shield unterworfen, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Instagram Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025 USA, https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875?helpref=page_content
c) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
d) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter hat sich dem EU-US-Privacy-Shield unterworfen, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 12 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online presence; they are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all integrated into the “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data may be transmitted about you as a user of YouTube if you do not play the videos. It is only when you play the videos that the data named in paragraph 2 are transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.]
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the respective sub-page of our website. The data named under § 3 of this statement are also transmitted. This happens independently of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged on or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data is directly associated with your account. If you do not wish YouTube to associate your data with your profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of their website. Such an evaluation takes place, in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and in order to inform other users in the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to revoke the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube in their data protection statement. You can also find further information there on your rights and configuration possibilities to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Please contact our data protection officer in such cases and further questions on data protection:
Dr. Volker Wodianka, LL.M.
Zertifizierter Datenschutzbeauftragter (CIPP/E, GDDcert.)
c/o SCHLUTIUS Data Privacy & Compliance GmbH